Yesterday was first birth day of our batch in our university. On this day a year ago we had started a journey to get a bachelor degree in engineering. Till 29 March I had remembered the day, but I forgot the day when it was important to remember. I had a plan to arrange a class party to celebrate the day. But it’s late and no one was prepared for a party. Anyway, we have other plan for other celebrations. “Passing a year of glory” is the jingle we are using everywhere. Now, was it really a year of glory? My friends may start fighting on behalf of this. I am also not against it. Here are some causes to mark this as a token of glory -
1. The subject we are studding is one of the best subjects as folks think. We can be proud of!!
2. We didn’t spend 1.5 to 2 years to complete one academic year as other traditional varsities of Bangladesh take such time.
3. We got a campus where there is student politics but there is no rough violence since last 1 year.
4. We have thousands of precious and age old books on our library. But they are too precious that we can’t use them always.
5. Our varsity has launched a lab with 25 computers to provide internet facility for only 1800 students. The ratio is 1:75
6. Many of our teachers are so scholar that they don’t bother to get prepared for a class of honors level.
7. Our authority is very sincere about academic schedule. So they don’t find any significance of excursion, sports and cultural programs. Hence we have to celebrate a year of glory all of our own.